Inside Verse: You’re the same great kid you’ve always been. Unless you painted yourself green since I last saw you!
it’s hard feeling different from your peers when you’re a kid diagnosed with diabetes. You feel … alienated! Doreen Erhardt uses a weird but cool bug-eyed alien, some sci-fi graphics and silhouettes of children on this humorous card for all ages sending that they haven’t really changed. Visit Doreen’s Salon of Art shop for more great cards. Thanks, Doreen! 🙂
- All inside verse is fully customizable – alter existing message and/or add your own sentiments.
- Easy, convenient on-line ordering 24/7, 365 days a year
- Purchased cards are in the mail the next business day
- Envelope included with each card in order
- Discounts for multiple card orders
- Order on-line, get free in-store pick-up, usually in 1 hour, at most Target stores
If you like this card, spread the word! We want kids with diabetes to feel safe, happy, and above all, loved.
The National Diabetes Education Program offers some great information to teens who’ve been diagnosed with diabetes. This site should be your first stop for the clearly written and easily digestible facts without any fuss, great advice, and helpful links. Topics include Why Do Teens Get Diabetes? and Why Do I Need to Take Care of My Diabetes?
We recommend Raising Teens with Diabetes (Moira McCarthy, Spry Publishing, 2013), an award-winning guide essential to parents of diabetic teenagers. This is a real “go-to” resource, almost like an encyclopedia for parents with a teenage son or daughter with diabetes. No medical jargon to plow through, no confusion, just lots of the right kind of essential advice in one package.